There are many reasons why an organisation should take a strategic approach to improving environmental performance.
Very recently via the medium of television, we have been reminded of the effect items such as plastic have to the environment and animals around us. This has lead to leading supermarket chains and fast food restaurants, making pledges to reduce/eliminate plastics from their packaging within the non too distant future.
ISO 14001:2015 requires that an organisation considers all environmental issues relevant to its operations, such as air pollution, water and sewage issues, waste management, soil contamination, climate change mitigation and adaptation, and resource use and efficiency.
What Benefits Could It Bring To My Business?
Users of ISO 14001:2015 have reported that the standard helps:
- Demonstrate compliance with current and future statutory and regulatory requirements
- Increase leadership involvement and engagement of employees
- Improve company reputation and confidence of stakeholders through strategic communication
- Achieve strategic business aims by incorporating environmental issues into business management
- Provide a competitive and financial advantage through improved efficiencies and reduced costs
- Encourage better environmental performance of suppliers by integrating them into the organisations business systems
Who Are Interface NRM and How Can We Help?
Interface NRM are a UKAS Accredited Certification Body, who offer ISO 14001:2015 Certification to companies across the UK and Internationally.
If you would like to know more about UKAS ISO 14001:2015 Certification for your business, then we would be more than happy to assist you. Why not give us a call today on 01952 288325? Or alternatively you can fill in our contact us form, or initiate a live chat on our website – www.interface-nrm.co.uk